Wednesday, July 20, 2011

the energizer bunny.

"Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ. For this I toil,  struggling with all his energy that he powerfully works within me." [Colossians 1:28-29]
"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." [Ephesians 2:8-10]
Lately, I've been thinking about energy. I think it's because of all this humidity that's struck the midwest & other areas of the country. I'm surrounded by people that have said to me, I just can't do it because of this heat. Their energy has been zapped out of them and I completely understand. It takes a lot out of you to go from one extreme temperature to the next. It's especially hard to see how the heat affects a loved one with enough health struggles of her own.
 
I find some irony when thinking back to my childhood, with understanding the person I am today & how I received the gift of a life-size energizer bunny stuffed animal.

I guess the story goes that I was the youngest kid at a church event & so there the Morrison family took home a huge new toy. I'm sure my parents thought, What are we going to do with this? But I'm pretty sure I loved the bunny awhile - so much I remember the drum getting ripped off it.

Ironic...well, because I tend to do a lot and keep busy and keep going and going and going. Yes, like the bunny.

But I know I can't keep going and going and going. And you can't either. You'll wear yourself out, and I will too! I think a lot of times people don't realize they're doing too much until it's almost too late
to fix that issue from getting worse in their current situation.

Remember to take time each day to breathe, relax, and find some quiet time with the Lord to renew your energy and ask Him for His strength, power, and energy to get you through whatever is next on your to-do list.

Trust me, He's already there with you even when you doubt Him.
Remember, nothing is impossible with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment