Tuesday, July 19, 2011

a transitional time.

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to tear, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace." [Ecclesiastes 3:1-8]

This summer has been all about transitions for me. For that, I am so thankful. Because when transitions in life occur, most likely growth & learning come along with the changes & newness of the current situation. The Lord continues blessing me just as He has in all other times of my life, whether joy or struggle. I am grateful to recognize the blessings He gives me during this transitional season of life.

One major transitional time began with graduating from CUNE in early May of this year and moving back home and not back to Camp Okoboji (where I've spent the last 5 summers of my life serving in various capacities on staff). While some may not find much happiness with the thought of moving home after graduating college, it's been a huge blessing to live at home this summer: I've had time to go through college stuff (get rid of things I don't foresee needing); see people I've not been able to see in a long while; enjoy more time with my parents; start projects (&hopefully finish all of them!); take walks with a neighbor lady & her dog and so much more.

This living at home &being blessed with a church internship to keep me busy is one way I've come to realize how God is preparing me for my next journey in (academic) life.

I'll be honest...I was a bit apprehensive with the idea of not going back to Camp, but knew the timing was right. God allowed me to be at peace with the decision of living at home this summer. Even though I knew I'd miss the atmosphere, the people who've become my Camp family, and other special things about serving at a beautiful place in this world. What's pulled me through is how God has allowed Camp friends to connect with me and let me know they've missed me. Those words are priceless to hear, all glory to God for allowing me to meet some remarkable people. I know He will continue to guard and protect all those He blessed me to meet over the years and I can't wait for the next time I'll run into some one from my Okoboji days.

While July is not officially over (and there's tons left to accomplish & complete before it truly ends) I feel it's retirement drawing near. With the onset of August coming...beginning school all over again comes to mind. I know fall is coming close because e-mails have heightened from the Ft. Wayne community. This excites me greatly as I am so so so eager to begin my diakonal studies there. It will be good to be immersed into studies again & wonderful to meet new brothers & sisters in Christ. I can only imagine what God has in store for me there.

I end this by sharing a welcome to "seeing" the beginning of a new chapter in my life. With other transitions occurring, I wanted to transition to a new blog. So here it is, enjoy!

ps. thanks Teagan for tips & showing me the ropes. You're wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to keep reading as you venture forward!! So glad you'll have this space to share. :) :)

    ReplyDelete